Career Coaching FAQ’s
What can Careerfolk do for me?
We will work as your partner to accomplish your career and/or job goals. Careerfolk prides themselves on providing an holistic career management approach. This means that we do not follow a prescribed, pre-packaged plan but rather create a customized program which gives you exactly what you need and nothing more.
Careerfolk can assist you with:
- Identifying your values, interests, and skills through the use of career assessments
- Uncovering your career ‘pain’ or unhappiness to help you get unstuck
- Exploring new career paths
- Investigating specific professions and/or industries
- Planning and executing a job search campaign
- Understanding how to optimize social media
- Creating resumes and cover letters that open doors
- Turning interviews into job offers
- Achieving a promotion
- Managing office politics, or
- Working on difficult office relationships
Do you work long distance?
Yes, we work nationally and internationally by phone, Skype, Google Hangout and email.
How do I choose a counselor?
Consider these questions in terms of what is important to you:
- What kind of help do you need – has the counselor/coach worked with this issue before?
- What relevant experience does the counselor have?
- What is the counselor’s process?
- Are you comfortable in the initial telephone conversation with the counselor/coach?
How long will it take?
The number of meetings (in person or by telephone) will vary based on what you want to accomplish.
One career issue: 1- 4 hours
Job change: 6-10 hours
Career change: 8-14 hours
Social Media for Job Search (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook): 1-5 hours
People are generally more successful if they work with a career counselor over time in an ongoing coaching arrangement.
How do I get started?
Please click here to schedule a “Get Going” strategy session to find out how Donna or Tava can help you move beyond your current impasse to a more fulfilling career.